Rent An Electric Wheelchair
We offer a rental program for our gently used Jazzy and Jet electric wheelchairs. Please tell us what you need; we'll reply with a rental quotation.
If you have already Found Your Perfect Wheelchair and reviewed the Used Power Wheelchair Rental Policy below, then please fill in the form with your specific requirements.
Rental Policy: Used Electric Wheelchairs
Used Wheelchairs USA will rent you an in-stock used Pride Mobility Jazzy/Jet or Invacare Pronto wheelchair that is priced at $2000 or less, according to these rental rates and policies.
Monthly Fee & 3-Month Minimum Rental
- $150/month to rent an in-stock used Jet or Jazzy electric wheelchair priced at $2000 or less (pickup price)
- 3-month minimum rental (shorter rentals are charged the 3-month minimum rate: $450)
Up-Front Fees: typically $1100 to $1300
- Freight cost to deliver a used electric wheelchair to your location (typically $250-$450, but $0 if you pick up your wheelchair)
- + 20% Damage Deposit (example: $400 for a $2000 wheelchair)
- + Three Months' Rent ($450)
At our discretion, we may agree to rent you a used electric wheelchair that is priced higher than $2000 (pickup price). In this case, an extra non-refundable fee will also apply. If we do agree, this extra fee will be equal to the "pickup price" minus $2000. (Example: For a wheelchair with a "pickup price" of $3500, the extra non-refundable up-front fee would be $1500.)
Back-End Fee & Damage Deposit Refund
- If you decide not to buy your rental wheelchair, you must pay the freight cost and insurance to safely return your rental wheelchair to our location (typically $250-$450, but $0 if you safely deliver it yourself)
- Your 20% damage deposit will be refunded within 30 days after we receive the wheelchair (if there is no damage), or deducted from the purchase price if you decide to buy your rental wheelchair
Repairs / Maintenance / Battery Replacement
- Your rental wheelchair will include the same guarantees of satisfaction and performance as a wheelchair that you purchase.
- Starting 30 days after you receive your rental wheelchair, you must personally arrange and personally pay for all of the costs to properly maintain and repair your rental wheelchair -- including the purchase and installation of replacement batteries.
- At your request, we will identify the nearest Pride Mobility or Invacare dealer or authorized repair service that can assist you with repairs, proper maintenance, and battery replacement.
Buy at Any Time
- For each month that you rent, your price (the original "pickup price") to buy the rental wheelchair will be reduced by $100. For example, if you decide to buy your rental wheelchair after you make 6 monthly payments of $150/month, your purchase price will be the original "pickup price" minus $600.
- After you have paid 16 months' rent (plus all up-front fees), the wheelchair is yours to keep with no additional payments.
Stop at Any Time
You can stop your rental at any time by returning your wheelchair to Used Wheelchairs USA. You must personally pay for safe packing and for the return freight and insurance cost to our location.
Rent or Buy?
It is usually less expensive to rent an electric wheelchair for 5 months or less. If you expect to use the wheelchair for more than 5 months, it is usually less expensive for you to buy the wheelchair.
We do not rent used wheelchairs that we sell for more than $2000 (pickup price). We may choose not to rent a wheelchair that is in "like new" condition or a wheelchair that is in short supply. If you request such a wheelchair for rental, we will try to suggest a suitable alternative.
USA 48 States Only
Our rental wheelchairs are available only to legal residents of the 48 Continental USA states and may never be moved outside of those 48 Continental USA states.
Proof of Identity
To prevent fraud, we require proof of your identity when you rent a wheelchair. We require a copy your credit card (front and back), plus any current federal or state government-issued ID card that includes your photo.